Sunday, January 16, 2011

We all have a road so far. They all may start at different places, but all are destined to finish at the same place.
The road begins with us in the dark, wandering not knowing what our purpose is in life.
It feels like we have no meaning and we think to ourselves, what’s the point to life? Do we just live our life and then die is that all there is to it?
We keep wandering in the dark, like our ancestors before us, going deeper into the dark cold abyss of the traveler who can never find home.
We do this for who knows how long until we finally shout, “Show me something that will give meaning to my life!”
Then from out of nowhere a light, like the sun, blasts through the darkness and drives it back.
The light reveals to us all our faults and gifts, it makes us feel blind with warmth and love like we had never felt before.
Then a Man comes out of the light, but we crawl away because we have never felt this kind of peace before.
The Man than says, “Do not be afraid, I bring a love that will set you free from the cold darkness.
The Man then takes us into the light and gives us a new heart and a new life and when we turn to ask his name.
He will reply The Light¸ Wonderful Counselor, but you may call me Jesus and when I turn to ask how I can repay him?
He will reply go in my name and bring others out of the darkness and show them the same love I have showed you.
Then when I come back I’ll reward you according to what you have done for your brothers as well as me.
We’re all traveling the same road at different times and places, but we’re all here to help each other on the road.
Who will you help today to know Jesus better or improve their relationship on your Road so Far?

No comments:

Post a Comment