Tuesday, March 1, 2011

If I Were a Famous Musician, This Would Be My Application to the Club


IIIx
Sinope concluded that the absence of passion
was better than incomplete passion
and I tend to agree,
though I’ve been known to digress.

But I can never wander far
from the truths and the riddles:

“When every bone in your grip is broken,
your weeping will be quenched.

When you are out of outs,
you will find your way in.”

IIIx
Twenty seven new books
and twenty seven old letters
stuffed into an envelope
with a Claude Pepper stamp:
a warning – a blessing – from
the lips of Abbé Faria, eleven
years too early, never too late.

III.
I take a stand, open
to amendments, fundamentally
opposed to closing my eyes
or staring straight ahead.

All around, possibilities
and dead ends.

All around, the madness
of beautiful uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment